Nature and Tourism
Padstow Holiday Park cares deeply about the environment. We are always striving to find perfect harmony between nature and tourism.
The Retreats @ Padstow Holiday Park proudly holds the Gold Standard, by The David Bellamy Conservation Award Scheme for our blend of nature and tourism. This is a result of our continued efforts to increase areas for wildlife to thrive and at the same time reduce our impact on the environment. Padstow Holiday Park is also a Bee Friendly park.
We a lucky enough to experience a wide variety of animals. Owls, hedgehogs, bats and the occasional woodpecker can been seen on the park.
What We Do for Nature and Tourism
- We use a wide range of native flowers for year round appeal to both guests and wildlife
- Hedges and specimen plants create privacy and screening and provide varied habitats for many animals
- Our wildlife area provides food, water and shelter for a wide variety of plants and creatures
- We have many nesting boxes to cater for the diverse range of birds that have made our park their home
- The low level lighting around the park is sensitive to nocturnal species
What We Do for the Environment
- Reduce, reuse and recycle is a key principle to the running of Padstow Caravan Hire
- We recycle glass, plastics, metal, card, paper and garden waste
- Where possible we minimise single-use plastics
- We use environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- Our ozone based sanitiser effectively eliminates 99.99% of bacteria and viruses, yet amazingly reverts to water and oxygen
- Electric vehicle used on the park
- Low energy lighting around our park
- Water saving measures reduce water usage
- Rainwater collection for plants
- We employ locally
- Wherever possible use local suppliers and services
What Can You Do?
Whilst staying at The Retreats @ Padstow Holiday Park you can make a difference too.