Nature and Tourism
Padstow Holiday Park cares deeply about the environment. We are always striving to find perfect harmony between nature and tourism.
The Retreats @ Padstow Holiday Park proudly holds the ideal of creating harmony between nature and tourism. We continually strive to increase areas where all kinds of wildlife can thrive and at the same time reduce our impact on the environment.
We a lucky enough to experience a wide variety of animals. Owls, hedgehogs, bats and the occasional woodpecker can been seen on the park.
What We Do for Nature and Tourism
- We use a wide range of native flowers for year round appeal to both guests and wildlife
- Hedges and specimen plants create privacy and screening and provide varied habitats for many animals
- Our wildlife area provides food, water and shelter for a wide variety of plants and creatures
- We have many nesting boxes to cater for the diverse range of birds that have made our park their home
- The low level lighting around the park is sensitive to nocturnal species
What We Do for the Environment
- Reduce, reuse and recycle is a key principle to the running of Padstow Caravan Hire
- We recycle glass, plastics, metal, card, paper and garden waste
- Where possible we minimise single-use plastics
- We use environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- Our ozone based sanitiser effectively eliminates 99.99% of bacteria and viruses, yet amazingly reverts to water and oxygen
- Electric vehicle used on the park
- Low energy lighting around our park
- Water saving measures reduce water usage
- Rainwater collection for plants
- We employ locally
- Wherever possible use local suppliers and services
What Can You Do?
Whilst staying at The Retreats @ Padstow Holiday Park you can make a difference too.
- Recycle your paper, card, plastic, cans and glass
- Consider your energy usage, particularly the central heating
- Turn off lights when leaving a room
- Minimize water consumption by not leaving taps running
- If possible walk to Padstow or catch the bus
- Carry out a beach clean whilst on holiday, find out more