Staying Safe (COVID-19)
Staying safe is of utmost importance to everyone. We are all getting used to the ‘new normal’ and we have had to make some important changes on the park to be able to operate safely.
We want to reassure you that we work hard to ensure our risk assessments and training are always up to date. Our investment into new cleaning solutions ensures our park and facilities are cleaned to the highest possible levels.
Staying Safe | Stabilised Aqueous Ozone
Our new Stabilised Aqueous Ozone (SAO) generator produces an amazing cleaner and sanitiser that:
- Cleans and Sanitises – Accredited to BS EN13697 standards
- Quickly kills viruses and bacteria including E.coli, Salmonella, MRSA and more – 99.999% of Excherichia Coli within 60 seconds contact time
- Proven to eliminate 99.99% Coronavirus/MHV-3
- Better for the environment – converts back to water and oxygen, no more shipping bottles of chemical from suppliers, no more single use plastic, no more pouring chemicals down the drain.
- Safer – for staff and Guests, no toxins, carcinogens or chemical residue, Non-irritant , non-caustic, no allergy concerns
In addition we have purchased a state-of-the-art Ultra Low Volume (ULV) Fogging machine. This will be used with SAO to communal areas such as the reception and laundry.
We have also added numerous hand cleaning stations around the park.
- Due to the specific considerations of the laundry, there will be rules displayed on the laundry door please abide by them.
- The swimming pool now has bookable sessions, read more.
- Staying safe is everybody’s responsibility, wear a face covering and maintain social distance when interacting with others.
Park rule key changes
- Prior to arrival customer agrees that they will not travel to the park if they are showing symptoms or been told to self-isolate.
- No group gatherings, in line with Government guidelines.
- No visitors to restrict the number of people on the park.
- As the spread of the virus can be due to contact with contaminated surfaces we ask that you consider contact points whilst on the park. Particularly keep children under supervision at all times.
Customer becoming unwell
- If you become ill with any of the symptoms, you should return home to your main residence immediately. The responsibility to return home is with the customer, if this is not possible the customer will be liable for any additional costs. Please check your travel insurance.
- For information use NHS 111 website
- In case of emergency such as breathing difficulties dial 999
- As soon as possible, use disposable gloves and apron to clean and disinfect any touch points that may have been contaminated by the infected person.
- Inform the park straightaway
There may need to be amendments in line with any guidance published by the Government and we will keep you updated. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.